Prismatic is a technology development company, specialising in the design, manufacture and delivery of innovative, high value aerospace products and systems. Prismatic is a subsidiary of BAE systems, led by a technically and commercially focused team. Our cutting edge systems (such as the high-altitude PHASA-35) have clear commercial value, are developed at pace and address critical customer needs.
Job Title – Power Systems Engineer
We are currently looking for a Power Systems Engineer to join Prismatic Ltd. based in Alton. This will be an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, but growing, team working on exciting new Unmanned Air Vehicles.
Responsible for design and development of Power Systems within Prismatic Ltd. Roles include: –
- Test and evaluation of current and future battery cell technologies
- Certification of battery packs to international standards
- Test and evaluation of Solar Array
- Integration plans for solar array onto the aircraft
- Integration of Batteries into Aircraft
- Test and evaluation of Battery Management system on Aircraft
- Deployment on Flight Trials to lead and support battery integration and test
- Problem solving / fault finding
For this role you will need to need: –
- Understanding of Power System architecture specifically within the HALE domain
- Understand methodology of battery charge/discharge
- Generation of Test Plan documentation
- Evaluation of test plan results and drawing conclusions
- Generation of Assembly documentation/process
- Work with 3rd party companies to certify products
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to find/ensure tools for Battery manufacturing process
- Have relevant degree level qualification plus 2+ years industry experience
- Ability to manage own workload both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage packages of work managing Technicians/suppliers to meet programme timescales
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
Principal Terms and Conditions
- Post – Permanent.
- Salary – to be agreed.
- Pension – 10% contribution from the company included.
- Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Working time 37.5 hrs per week.
- Location – Alton, Hampshire, UK.
- Start – ASAP.