We are currently looking for an Mechanical Design Engineer to join Prismatic Ltd. Based in Alton. This will be an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, but growing, team working on exciting new Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Airframe design encompassing elements of aerodynamics, thermodynamics and structural design using hand calcs and FEA in carbon fibre and performance foams,
- Writing test plans and process documents,
- Testing aircraft part suitability for the operating environment,
- Deploying on test campaigns abroad,
- Designing aircraft sub systems,
- Working with 2D engineering drawings and 3D CAD to up-issue models for manufacture,
- Strive for mass savings across all facets of work,
- Goods in inspection,
- Supplier visits,
- Manufacturing small parts for test in mechanical workshops or electronics labs.
Qualifications or Experience
Qualifications or experience in some of the following areas could be beneficial, however, please note applications are welcome from all ranges of experience.
- Have relevant degree level qualification, or experience in a Mechanical Design Role.
- Ideally would have familiarity with SolidWorks
- Ability to manage own workload both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work from both formal engineering drawings and from loose guidelines
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Have an appreciation of working under ISO9001 and aerospace approval standards,
- The confidence to come up with new designs and ideas to challenge the norm.
Further details in PDF below.
Applications or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org