Prismatic is a technology development company, specialising in the design, manufacture and delivery of innovative, high value aerospace products and systems. Prismatic is a subsidiary of BAE systems, led by a technically and commercially focused team. Our cutting edge systems (such as the high-altitude PHASA-35) have clear commercial value, are developed at pace and address critical customer needs.
Prismatic has an exciting new opportunity for a software developer to join a well-established, but growing, team of Engineers working on new Unmanned Air Vehicles.
We are looking for someone with a passion and drive to work within a team to deliver cutting edge R&D.
See this news article featuring one of our current software engineers to see what the role is like at Prismatic.
As part of this role you will be responsible for undertaking activities such as: –
- Development of embedded software for hardware control
- Development of real-time control software
- Development of operating-system based software for control of hardware
Qualifications or experience
We are looking for people with the following attributes: –
- Have relevant degree level qualification, or experience, in Software Engineering, ideally with a hardware bias.
- Experience in embedded programming, preferably in C
- Experience in development of WPF based programs in C#
- Experience of programming micro-controllers
- Experience of working with common data buses including Ethernet, CAN, RS-485 and RS-232
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a wider team
- Ability to manage own workload and timescales to ensure work is completed on time
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
Principal Terms and Conditions
- Post – Full-time employee.
- Salary – to be agreed depending on experience.
- Pension – included.
- Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Working time 37.5 hrs per week.
- Location – Alton, Hampshire, UK.
- Start – March 2022.