Prismatic is a technology development company, specialising in the design, manufacture and delivery of innovative, high value aerospace products and systems. Prismatic is a subsidiary of BAE systems, led by a technically and commercially focused team. Our cutting edge systems (such as the high-altitude PHASA-35) have clear commercial value, are developed at pace and address critical customer needs.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join Prismatic Ltd. based in Alton, Hampshire. This will be an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, but growing, team of flight crew working on the PHASA 35 development programme.
Tasks and Accountabilities
Outline Job Profile
As part of this role you will be responsible to the Programme Integration Manager for:-
- Defining, preparing and coordinating the execution of the PHASA 35 assembly and flight trials projects in a research and development environment.
- Working with the Flight Operations teams to develop realistic flight trials plans.
- Identifying potential problems with PHASA 35 deployments. Leading the team to develop innovative solutions and ensuring they are implemented.
- Resolving any issues with the project plan to ensure that the project runs as smoothly as possible.
- Consistently monitoring project costs, quality and duration of projects against the agreed baseline plan.
- Provision of regular and accurate progress reports to the Prismatic senior leadership team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Configuration controlled management of the project plans, allowing continual refinement of project plans based on the changing needs and requirements of the wider development Programme.
We are looking for people with the following attributes: –
- Ideally have a Level 6 Qualification (Degree or equivalent) plus at least five years’ experience in the aerospace industry.
- Have a good technical understanding of flight trials, ideally in an research and development environment.
- Personable, be able to build and maintain relationships, actively managing expectations through appropriate communications, reporting and governance mechanisms.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the wider team.
- Proactive management of project controls, ensuring the delivery of an agreed scope of work within both cost and time constraints.
- Be able to shape and plan engineering projects through the application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools, refining and enhancing a project schedule, resource estimates against an agreed baseline.
- Ability to build morale among the teams and promote continuous improvement.
- Be able to work effectively with a variety of relevant stakeholders for effective project implementation.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written. Including the proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Principal Terms and Conditions
- Post – Permanent.
- Salary – to be agreed.
- Pension – 10% contribution from the company included.
- Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Working time 37.5 hrs per week.
- Location – Alton, Hampshire, UK.
Start – ASAP.